How can I reuse or recycle … old dentures?

DenturesWe’ve had an email from Diana Meyrick-Thomas asking if there are any recycling schemes for false teeth – anyone got any ideas? Are there any groups collecting them for redistribution overseas?

And what about reuses? As a veteran humourologist, I’d be tempted to make them into gag items for around the home (bottle opener? cookie cutter? biting doorbell cover?) but has anyone else got any more sensible suggestions?

(Photo by Fugue)

household, items

257 Responses to “How can I reuse or recycle … old dentures?”

1. Cindy says:

I should have specified – they are my husband’s old dentures. Probably not appropriate for a woman’s smaller frame. Sorry. Best of luck to you!

2. Cheryl says:

Looking for full sets of dentures if anyone has any

3. Carol says:

I have 3 sets

4. Cheryl says:

I meant this as a reply to everyone, I’m trying to find a way to re use old dentures to make new ones for people that can’t afford them

• Sherry says:

I have a set of dentures that are made to use with the posts in the lower denture. They could be used as regular dentures. I’d be happy to donate them to someone who will use them for other people to have teeth.

• Anonymous says:

Are you wanting false teeth…my mother has a partial plate, hardly worn ….can you do anything with them ?

• Chris says:

Hi Cheryl

My Dad just passed away and my Mum being ever resourceful tries to find a way to recycle and reuse, she asked if Dads dentures could be reused. I said I would ask Google and found you :)

I’m sure you will be inundated with donations but for Mum’s sake I’m asking if you would like them. Mum is 89 and went through WW2 as a child where she had very little and she wastes nothing!

5. Sally-Ann Cottham says:

To Cheryl – Please email me (scottham1@live.co.uk) if you want me to send you an unwanted pair of false teeth. I think it’s great that you’re thinking of a way to recycle them as they were expensive when they were made privately so would be glad that they can be re-used! Thanks, Sally x

6. Kathy marsh says:

I have a set I will donate. Let me know .

7. Jackie Grey says:

I have a set of dentures which I would be willing to donate to your project. Where can I send them?
    Good luck with the new venture.

8. You can also bring your old iPod to an Apple Store and get 10 percent off a new one. Does not apply to iPod shuffle.

9. Deb says:

Can dentures be donated?
    There are organizations that may take dentures as a donation, even if they do not explicitly state that they do. … The Japan Dentures Recycling Foundation is a nonprofit affiliated with UNICEF. It also accepts monetary donations

I’m looking for the same reasons – have come across the above as well as your post. Will be looking into it. Good luck to you.

10. Mike Esparza says:

I’m in need of a set of dentures. Just really need to know can they be refitted to fit me. I can’t afford a new set. I’m in the retail business and I’m embarrassed to speak or laugh in public. Any assistance would be appreciated. So basically in need of dentures and info on how to refit them. Thank you in advance.

11. Cheryl says:

Please email me if you have any that you want to donate (shardy26@hotmail.ca)

12. Cheryl says:

soo sorry, I put up the wrong email it should say (shardy36@hotmail.ca)