How can I reuse or recycle … old dentures?

DenturesWe’ve had an email from Diana Meyrick-Thomas asking if there are any recycling schemes for false teeth – anyone got any ideas? Are there any groups collecting them for redistribution overseas?

And what about reuses? As a veteran humourologist, I’d be tempted to make them into gag items for around the home (bottle opener? cookie cutter? biting doorbell cover?) but has anyone else got any more sensible suggestions?

(Photo by Fugue)

household, items

207 Responses to “How can I reuse or recycle … old dentures?”

1. Dona says:

My husband died in January 2013, he had a full set of dentures I will donate. If anyone wants them, please email me at: donaandsteve@sbcglobal.net,
    and put DENTURES in the subject line. Thanks!

• Anonymous says:

Sorry about your loss.
      My old dentures don’t fit anymore and what happens is that they make a whole new set or repair if possible.

• Kirsty says:

Sorry to hear of your loss.
      I lost my Mother last year and have a very large amount of her old dentures.
      Did anyone come up with where they could be reused? It seems an awful waste to just dump them!
      Kind regards
      Kirsty

• Lisa says:

Hello Kirsty,

Sorry to hear of your loss even it was a little bit late for my reply.
        Did you still have your mother’s dentures? We are looking for dentures for teaching purpose. If you do please let us know.

• Chris says:

My husband passed away suddenly in August. I am on SSDI due to R/A. I am going to have to try and get a part time job, because of the R/A my jaw has moved around, and I have lost a lot of teeth (mostly the front top). If any one can help it would be a Godsend. Please email me if you can help. christyinwa52@gmail.com

2. Jennifer says:

Hi, I would love to make use of unwanted dentures – my email address is j.cardno@hotmail.com – if you want to donate dentures for me to use in my work, please send me an email and I’ll give you my address. I posted on here a few years ago and quite regularly receive dentures that people cannot make use of. Many thanks.

3. Fiona says:

Sorry to hear of your loss, My Mum died in January this year also and I was only talking to my Dad this evening saying that I’m sure dentures can be recycled. It’s good to know that such expensive dentures will be able to be reused.
    Thanks
    Fiona

4. Penny Philpott says:

I’m doing an artwork incorporating used false teeth. I have been collecting them from my relatives for a few decades and they do create a conundrum, as they’re not the sort of thing you throw away, but by the same token, they are interesting, and very varied. If anyone would like to pass on any used dentures, please send me an email.
    Penny

• David says:

Hi Penny,
      I have a small box of “no-longer-needed” false teeth. Probably about 6 or 7 pieces and a set of plaster mouldings of an upper and lower.
      I a tried to donate them to another artist but get no reply.
      If you provide an address I can send them.

• Carol Roberts says:

Hi penney i have a family member that has 2 sets of dentures of her husbands that passed away and she is looking to find a place for them instead of throwing away. if interested please let me know and we can send to you. I’m a activity director here at a long term care facility. Thanks carol

5. sylvia turner says:

i have some old dentures if they are any use to anyone would love it if they could be recycled thanks sylvia

6. April says:

We are in desperate need of a few sets of dentures to teach oral care classes to our caregivers. If anyone has any, please email me.

April
    azylstra@ccssite.org

• Connie says:

I have 2 pair of dentures in excellent condition. Please send me your physical address if you use them. Thanks, Connie

• Larry Strunk says:

I have my moms old dentures. Please send your address.

• Tamara says:

• Anonymous says:

Forward unwanted DENTURES

4620 s. State hwy 19
        Palestine Tx 75801

Looking for used DENTURES

Helping hands (teeth)

• Kevin Austin says:

Forward unwanted DENTURES

Kevin Austin
        4620 s. State hwy 19
        Palestine Tx 75801

Looking for used DENTURES

Helping hands (teeth)
        Just a way of helping others

• mary mason says:

I have my mom’s dentures that I would like to find a good home for, please send me your address iff you still want them.

• Aimee Hamrick says:

Need lower dentures! Did not fit well, so would put on plate after eating. Threw the contents of the plate (including my dentures) in the trash and my husband burned the trash! $1400 wasted. Looking for approx. 2.5″ width (in back), 1.8″ width in front and 2″ long. If they are slightly larger, can trim and put reliner to fit. Thank you!

• Anonymous says:

• Anonymous says:

Pamela Coleman 129 west Garrison Drive. TUPELO,MS 38801..I’m disabled and can’t afford any and would truly be thankful call 662-523-0414.. thank you

• judy fair says:

hi
        If you still have your Mom’s dentures, I’d love to have them. My dogs ate both the upper and lower of mine. I’m at 603 Bookout Rd Tularosa, New Mexico 88352. Thanks in advance.

• lynn says:

my parents are no longer needing their false teeth

my moms were never uses

if anyone can make good use of them….yes i will mail..

• Donna Shawn says:

My husband recently passed and I have his dentures, made in 2011 by his Prosthodontist. I would like to donate them and would want a charitable donation receipt for tax purposes.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

7. Karen Callahan says:

I am a nurse and teach certified nursing assistant (CNA) and certified medical assistant (CMA) courses in a unique high school program and to adults at a non-profit tech school.

Dentures are very hard to find used and reasonably priced as a teaching for students.

If you have dentures that could be donated for students to learn to care for patients I would appreciate it.

• Andi says:

Karen, post your email address or mailing address. I have at least 1 set for you. Your program is exactly where I want them to go!

• Helen Dean says:

Hi Karen

I have a couple of sets of dentures that belonged to my dear mum and I can’t bear to throw them away. Are you still wanting them and if so, could you please give me your address?

Thanks

Helen

• Connie says:

I have 2 sets of dentures in perfect condition. I can donate them to you, if you send me your address. Thank you
      Connie

• Sue says:

Karen,
      Never heard from you. Please send or post info of where you would like them sent.

• Myra Hawkins-Ambler says:

Karen, do you want any partial dentures. I have just found 5 lots in a drawer I was emptying. Myra.

• Sue Darling says:

I have a bottom part denture + plastic container, good condition – short term use only. Please send address if you’re interested. Hate to throw usable/useful things away!

• Rosemary Warren says:

Please let me know if you still need dentures , i have at least two sets of my late parents’ which I would like to donate

Thanks

• Emily says:

I have a nursing assistant school and we could really use dentures! Please send me your email and I will give you my address.
        Emily

• Deb says:

Send me an address and I will forward you a pair.
      Pantherwood1@me.com

• Odilia Kirst says:

Hello,
      I have my late father’s dentures. Can I have your address so I can send them? I have always wanted them to be used for teaching activities. Many thanks Odilia

• David Johnstone says:

Hi Karen,
      I found you and your request for unwanted dentures on a website. If you are still able to use them please email me and let me have your postal address. I have a small box of them and will be pleased to post.
      If you can help with postage I would be grateful.

Looking fwd to your reply

• PAULA MAGEE says:

I HAVE SEVERAL DENTURES ARE YOU STILL COLLECTING THEM
        PLEASE LEAVE ADDRESSIF YOU CAN STILL MAKE USE OF THESE

• Soula says:

Hi

I was just looking for somewhere to donate my late aunty’s dentures and saw your message (dated 2013). Are you still collecting dentures for the courses you run? If so, please can you email me with your details (name, address and mobile etc) so I can get in touch?

Many thanks.

• Anonymous says:

I need dentures cos I can’t afford any I’m on fixed income..my address is 129 west Garrison Drive tupelo,ms.38801…I would be so thankful and may God bless you …that’s if I’m not yo late. Call 6625230414

• judy fair says:

hi
        If you still have the dentures you mention I could certainly use them as my dogs ate both my upper and lower ones. I’m Judy Fair at 603 Bookout Rd Tularosa NM 88352

• Anonymous says:

Hi, I have several sets of dentures that the dentist made that did not fit. If you want them they are yours. Send me your physical address.

• Anonymous says:

Pamela Coleman 129 west Garrison Drive. Tupelo,Ms.38801…6625230414…I’m on fixed income disabled and I would be so thankful if you could help me

• Tamara says:

I am very much in need of your dentures could you please send them to Tammy Sue, 1745 s. 82nd st., mesa Az 85209 if they are still available. Oh I hope so. God Bless You!!

• bobby james says:

6701 pentecost rd cedar grove nc 27231

• michelle says:

I would love to have the dentures if you don’t want them. p.o. box 173 columbia tn 38402 michelle driver

• Anonymous says:

are you still wanting dentures??? saw date was a while ago. My husband has two sets he just passed away and hate to throw them out. send me address if so and I will send to you, Lois

• Hank says:

I have two pairs I could send to you.

Where would I send them to?

Hankmbraun68@gmail.com

• Judy Simonin says:

Karen plus give me your mailing address if you still need sets of teeth. Have one set for sure, maybe 2 if I can find them.

• Donna Shawn says:

My husband recently passed. I have his set of dentures, made by his Prosthodontist. I would require a charitable contribution receipt for tax purposes, as these were very expensive.

Would love to donate, please let me know if you can accommodate my request for a charitable contribution receipt.

8. Sue says:

Karen, please forward where and any instructions of how you would like them packaged and I will send them to you.

9. Helen Dean says:

Sorry Karen, I’m not sure if my last e-mail was sent. It’s just that I have a couple of sets of dentures and would like you to have them – could you let me have your address please?

Thanks

Helen

10. Peter says:

We also have a couple of pairs of dentures if they are of use to anyone for teaching. If so then please send details and an address to the address below
    Peter
    ewormington@btinternet.com

11. Treasa Lee says:

I found a place that takes them, Office of Aging, Gosh’d, P O Box 51650, Knoxville, TN 51650-1650

12. Chris Cully says:

Looking for an old set of dentures for a theatre production. Please contact if you have a pair to donate.

13. Suzy says:

Can anyone use an old no-longer-used partial? It appears Emily has a use for dentures, but, as I said, I only have an old upper partial to donate.

14. Amanda says:

I’ve got a full upper set to donate to someone who can use them. Email me at amandajeanhaas@gmail.com.

15. Rose says:

There is a denture recycle place in Japan under :used dentures” and someone else suggested a nursing school or dental school for them to practice on teeth

16. Debra says:

I am looking for a full set of dentures. I will settle for a full upper denture if available. Please let me know how you can help. Thanks.

17. Margaret Northmore says:

Is there a teaching facility or artist in NZ who could use set of dentures made for a late family mamber and never used? If so, please e-mail me. Mgt N
    (mgtnnz@yahoo.co.nz)

18. Margaret Northmore says:

Thank you. I shall post dentures to a NZ address if and when contact is made. Mgt N

19. terry blevins says:

looking to donate false teeth for a good cause. Pleasee post an address. Terry

20. Uluska3 says:

Donate them to a sculptor, he might incorporate them into a sculpture.

21. Vera says:

Brake nuts with them. :)

22. Vera3 says:

Stick them into pumpkin during Halloween for super effect.

23. Latex Mask says:

@jeniffer

Nice art work. That old man head, are they made of latex ?

24. Ber says:

I have a set of dentures to donate does anyone still need .

• Anonymous says:

Yes desperate for some mine dont fit!! 0151 638 8834

• Aimee Hamrick says:

If the dentures are loose, dental reline works great! You can get it on e-bay for very low cost. Aimee

• Tamara says:

I very much have a need and I would like the dentures if they are still available. I would forever be grateful. God Bless you. Send them to Tammy Sue, 1745 so 82nd st, mesa Az 85209

25. Ber says:

I have a set of dentures does anyone still need ?

• Katie Adkins says:

I need I’m a young mom of an autistic child that had gum disease if you still have please let me know! I would be forever grateful

• Tamara says:

I am a 51 year old woman diagnosed with oral cancer. I have a great need for your dentures could you please send them to Tammy Sue 1745 so 82nd st., mesa, Az 85209 if you still have them. I will forever be grateful. Thank you and God Bless your kindness

26. Aimee Hamrick says:

Put this post in May and received a response, sent address in response to rely for dentures. Never heard from individual, sent email, silence! Got my hopes up to find dentures, please do not respond unless you can send me dentures! Thank you! Aimee

27. Wanda says:

I am in need of dentures and would be so grateful. My address is: 175 Woods Road 42, Munfordville, Kentucky 42765… Blessings

• Wanda Magruder says:

My dad recently passed and he never wore them. Tried them in a couple of times but refused to use them. Said he could eat faster without them. I will send them if you still need them. Isn’t this funny my name is Wanda also.

28. G Hanks says:

My mother passed away in March a week after getting an entire upper and lower set of dentures. The family came together to save in order for her to be able to afford these. I’m not sure of the process of how or if dentures can be refitted for another person to use. But I would very much like them to go to someone who can actually use them, or at least a teaching program. Please no scams or people seeking scrap metal. Contact me at ghanks88@gmail.com if you have information as to where these can go.

• Anonymous says:

I could use these because I am poor if you still have them my name is Toni Oglesby 816 Third ave Berlin N.H. 03570 would go to good use

29. Fiona Smith says:

Hi

I’ve got an old top partial denture with 8 teeth on it. Is it any use to anyone or will I just have to throw it away? I now have a full top denture!

Fiona

30. if anyone has any dentures please mail to deborah marmo 428F Krieger Road, Webster, NY 14580 thanks

31. bobby james says:

i am in need of dentures .please send to robert 6701 pentecost rd cedar grove nc 27231 i will pay

32. karen says:

I have several pairs of my moms dentures…Who can I donate them to. I know there are several on this blog put want to make sure I have an updated address for whoever wants them. Thanks

33. Cheryl Cooper says:

I am in Arizona and have a set of dentures from my husband as he has new ones.

I know they should be fitted to the wearer but I would donated these t someone who is doing an art or animation project and they could be useful.

Send me your address and I’ll put them in the mail.

Cheryl

34. Aimee Hamrick says:

If the dentures are available, please send them to: 2308 Sweeney Road, Lompoc, CA 93436. Will send cost of postage. Thank you! Aimee

35. Maisie says:

Hi I perform comedy acts for varous Military charities and have a show at Christmas I need a set of false teeth can be upper lower or both.
    Please email me should anyone have some that they would like to recycle.
    Many thanks and thanks for reading best wishes Maisie

36. Billy says:

If anyone has dentures to donate I have a few needy individuals who may be able to use them. I would gladly pay postage. Please email me if you can help.

Thanks,

wvboibilly@gmail.com

• Deb says:

Hi Billy

My Mom passed away in Oct 2015. She had 3 1/2 sets of false teeth we would like to donate. She was a petite lady, therefore, the dentures would fit more into a smaller mouth. Would you still be interested in these?
      Thanks Deb

• Anonymous says:

My name is Toni Oglesby I am ill so I don’t want to spend money on dentures so I would like these please help send them to Toni Oglesby 816 Third ave Berlin N.H. 03570 thank you

• Becka says:

I have a set of dentures I will gladly donate if you will list you address, I will put them in the mail.

• Justin R. Luchini says:

Hi deb, I was wondering if you still had a set of dentures that you could donate? If so my adress is 12662 Jupiter Rd Dallas tx 75238.

37. Justin R. Luchini says:

Hi my name is justin im disabled and on a fixed income so I can’t afford to buy dentures. I would b so so grateful if anyone could donate a set of dentures. As it is right now im pretty much a recluse because of my appearance. A set of dentures would literally change my life! My adress is: 12662 Jupiter Rd Dallas tx 75238. Thank u so much justin luchini

38. Linda says:

My husband passed away 2 years ago. He had cancer and there was a hole in his palate so his dentures were fitted to his palate so are very different but if the teeth themselves can be re-used I would be happy to mail them. These dentures were $6,000 and I would hate to just throw them away!

39. BETTY SERRA says:

Have gum disease. Teeth are falling out. Please if you have a set of dentures could I have them ? I work . And this is effecting my speech and position at work. Live on fixed income. Husband had stroke.

40. Angela williams says:

That was meant to say smiles not smoke sorry