Last minute Recycling at Christmas links
Since sharing my favourite upcycled Christmas present ideas and recycled Christmas decoration suggestions, I’ve spotted another few awesome things that I thought I should mention in case you’ve got a few spare hours this afternoon and want to reduce, reuse and recycle!
- I love, love, love using the metal of drinks cans for things – and this is a wonderful reuse – a very special Christmas card. (Keep the prettiest cards from this year to make them next year!)
- Eaten your fill of shop-bought mince pies already? Use the pie tins to make a table centre piece for your Christmas meal!
- Still got to wrap your offerings? Here’s a cute wrapping idea: make a shiny bow from a sweet wrapper or crisp packet.
- These super simple tree decorations made from scrap card are great – from cutting out to on the tree in less than five minutes!
- A little more involved, these sheet music tree decorations would be very fun for musical families.
- And even more personal decoration idea: use old flour to make salt dough and make animal/children paw print tree ornaments to mark the year. I love the idea that making these could be incorporated into a family Christmas tradition – each year make more to add to the collection.
For all those celebrating Christmas, have a very merry one!
For all those not celebrating Christmas tomorrow, have a fab weekend!