Interesting Reducing, Reusing & Recycling links
- Leethal‘s Lee Meredith made herself some cute yarn cubbies out of old coffee cans – and has written up a how-to if you want to give it a go yourself. (More coffee can ideas…)
- Got lots of keepsake t-shirts you want to upcycle but delicate quilting isn’t really your thing? Turn them into an oversized floor cushion/chair instead.
- Or use other old tshirts to make light spring hats for babies or toddlers – Lu Bird Baby thoughtfully includes girl and boy variations in her tutorial.
- Mrs Green from My Zero Waste is trying to grow her own cleaning sponges this summer.
- Also growing related, inverted growing is a great space saver – and a great way of using up buckets or tubs which have damaged bottoms. Johngineer has put together a wonderfully thorough tutorial on how to turn a normal planter into a hanging one for inverted growing.
- And finally, speed up growth from cuttings without chemicals – make your own rooting hormone using willow branches.