How can I reuse or recycle badges/pins?

We had a question on the ‘Suggest an Item’ page a while ago which I seem to have missed, so here it is. Sylvia asked:

How can I recycle old badges? plastic and metal.

Actually recycling them may be difficult as they tend to be mixed materials – metal and potentially multiple types of plastic but they’re perfect for passing on to someone else. A lot of people collect badges – doesn’t matter what’s on them or actually, the more obscure the better – so either offer them to a local charity/op shop or if you’ve got enough of them to make it worthwhile, offer them on your local Freecycle/Freegle or even eBay/Etsy/Folksy.

A question for badge makers – can old badges be recovered using badge making machine?

Any other ideas?

(Photo by Miss Frannington)

hobbies, household, items

183 Responses to “How can I reuse or recycle badges/pins?”

1. 구미콜걸 says:

Great delivery. Great arguments. Keep up the great spirit.

2. En la ultima entrega del terminal y despues de comprobar que el terminal seguia defectuoso, aparte de poner una reclamacion a la tienda en la oficina de consumo les exigi que me cambiaran no solo el terminal, si no el modelo, pues como comprenderia cualquiera el HTC Dream ya no me inspira ninguna confianza. Informarle de que al hacer todo los envíos a través del canal de Telefónica y al pertenecer el terminal a dicha compañía, quien debe hacerse cargo de hacerle un cambio de terminal es la propia compañía, nosotros solo nos dedicamos a reparar los terminales.

3. Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
    There’s a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your
    content. Please let me know. Many thanks

4. Thank you, I have recently been looking for information about this topic for ages and
    yours is the best I’ve found out so far. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you positive about the
    supply?

5. We absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking
    for. Do you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
    I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects
    you write related to here. Again, awesome web log!

6. Instead of bringing a TV to your office, suppose you can turn your PC in to a Super TV RIGHT NOW.

Since then, her singles ‘Hot n Cold’, ‘California Girls’, ‘Teenage Dream’, ‘Firework’ and ‘E.
    Velazquez inside the 17th century and current young
    painters in good sized quantities reflected the Spanish
    art background and skills.

7. Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a couple of unrelated information, nonetheless truly worth taking a appear, whoa did 1 discover about Mid East has got far more problerms also

8. pid1002559 says:

Are you in search of conflict of clans mod apk?

9. Can you tell us more about this? I’d want to find out more details.

10. I do trust all of the concepts you have presented for your post.
    They are really convincing and can certainly work.

Still, the posts are very quick for novices. May you please lengthen them a little from next time?

Thank you for the post.

11. Johnny says:

I could hear within my sleep the sound of people going about their morning chores.

By having adequate cover, you additionally protect yourself in the
    event you were in the road accident having an uninsured driver, obviously
    as your business depends on you being for the road much with the time, you wish to be sure to always protected.
    As you’re traveling in your taxi from Barcelona airport towards
    the centre, probably one thing that’s nowhere near surface of your list of ‘things to
    do’ is going around and having an excellent sniff.

12. Having read this I thought it was very enlightening. I appreciate you
    spending some time and effort to put this informative
    article together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and commenting.
    But so what, it was still worth it!

13. W88Thai says:

I’d like to find out more? I’d want to find out some additional
    information.

14. palm trees says:

si palm trees ug R akong bet jay HAHAHA

15. I don’t even know the way I finished up right here, but I
    assumed this put up used to be great. I do not realize who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous
    blogger if you happen to aren’t already. Cheers!

16. This page certainly has all the information I needed concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

17. vehicles says:

always a huge fan of linking to bloggers that I appreciate but really don’t get a whole lot of link adore from

18. There is certainly a great deal to know about this topic.
    I really like all of the points you have
    made.

19. Nice response in return of this matter with solid arguments and describing the whole thing on the topic of
    that.

20. Now I am going to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast
    coming again to read additional news.

21. The Simpsons: Tapped Out looks great.

22. The low expense of producing high quality digital video, combined
    with higher speeds of broadband attached to video friendly computers, and also
    the international open distribution network which is the Internet has established a time of opportunity
    for the independent producer. Progressive Landscape Views –
    Beyond the Colonial Era Attitudes towards black African artists in addition to their utilization of
    oil in landscape and wildlife paintings was often punitive or
    criticised, there was clearly a general desire to keep your native artist .
    The minimalist approach for the driveway actually accentuates the
    home’s entrance.

23. Wheaton is a good place to broaden one’s horizons.

24. Many properties cowl a vast number of acres.

25. That is where Multi Snaps are available.

26. YesMovies says:

I additionally prefer to eat out and I as a rule go to a café for supper with my family tiwce a month.

27. SolarMovies says:

Our preferred eatery is a conventional café in Hang Bong road. It isn’t enormous however it is constantly occupied.

28. I would like to see if anyone has bought from peaches and screams I am looking to buy their Sequin Scalloped Chemise as a little Christmas present for myself :-RRB-

29. Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a handful of unrelated data, nevertheless seriously really worth taking a search, whoa did a single discover about Mid East has got a lot more problerms too

30. The data talked about within the write-up are a few of the top obtainable

31. Evden eve nakliyat istanbul, tuzla arası çok güzel,
    biz hep burayı kullanıyoruz cok güzel oluyor ya..

32. Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a number of unrelated data, nonetheless definitely really worth taking a appear, whoa did one particular discover about Mid East has got much more problerms too