Fantastic reducing, reusing & recycling ideas from December
- Last month one of the biggest discussion points was how to get into the habit of taking packed lunches; this month it’s how to freshen up a tired winter coat. I only asked the question on Tuesday but we’ve already had some great responses – and an impromptu confessional session about the size of our wardrobes! Thanks to Jayne, Linda, bookstorebabe, Su and Alice!
- Unsurprisingly, we’ve been talking a lot about Christmas too – Anna suggested a great modern recycled gift wrap idea – using brown paper or foreign language newspapers while Pauline suggested decorating shoeboxes to reuse for gifts year after year. Cipollina posted a fun Christmas basket made from old Christmas cards and when it came to ideas for using up leftover turkey, I had the bookstorebabe at bacon croutons.
- Another popular seasonal talking point was how to make draft excluders (aka draft dodgers) – lots of great suggestions on there including Lyndsey’s idea using old jumpers, the Crafty Green Poet’s silky one using an old kimono robe and Alexis’s clear modern one stuffed with barley.
- Less seasonally, Linda was a commenting machine when it came to generating ideas for things to do with old disposable hairnets – keep scrolling down that page for more ideas from her!
- And speaking of net related things, Su had some great suggestions for things to do with old net curtains.
- Finally, I asked about making placemats and Anna had a great idea – use an old shower curtain as a backing to any pretty fabric to make waterproof tablemats.
Thanks to everyone who commented on our posts this month – and indeed through 2010 as a whole!